Thursday, June 4, 2009

I am "ON DECK"

Today, I received an email from my agency informing me I was "on deck". This email indicates I will get a referral for a little girl within the next one to two months. I thought I would be getting this notice soon, but I still felt pleasantly surprised (This phrase is probably an understatement).



When I receive a referral, that means I will get information and picture(s) of my little one. After I accept the referral (I have about a week), then I wait two weeks to a month to get a court date in Ethiopia. Generally, court dates are set 8 to 16 weeks from the time of the referral. If my child passes court the first time, then my mom and I will fly out about 2 to 4 weeks later. Of course, I have learned through my journey, there truly are no set timelines for international adoptions...just estimations. I have definitely experienced changes in the "schedule", along with many families I have met going down this same path.

Hopefully, I will be able to post about having a referral by the end of July. That is my wish and my prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie!! Can't wait to hear you say you have seen baby Hope's face!!
    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete