Wednesday, June 24, 2009

God's Grace and Love

Today, I have been overwhelmed by the promises of God. At 9:15 a.m., I saw my child for the first time. I received a referral call letting me know I am now officially a mom, and then I immediately looked at my email following the phone conversation (I sobbed through most of the phone call, so I guess it technically wasn't a conversation). When I opened up my daughter's (I love the sound of that) photos, literally my breathe was taken away. Gazing at my baby for the first time, made my heart ache because it was filled with so much joy. As cliche as that may be, there is no other way to describe that initial feeling. It was an incredible experience that is difficult to put into words.

Legally, I can't go into a lot of details about my daughter, not until she has passed court. I can share with you that I will be referring to her now as "B". "B" is a precious and beautiful 4 month old who has the biggest, consuming eyes. She will melt your heart when I finally get to share her pictures with you. Trust this mama when I tell you that.

Thank you, Father, for your grace and love you have shown me through your promise of allowing me to become a mom. Father, grant me the wisdom and guidance I need to be the mother you would have me be.

3 comments:

  1. Cassie,

    The Gillman's are praising Jesus with you for baby B!!! She is adorable - if feel like an auntie who can't stop staring at her picture :) So glad we get to share in this precious miracle with you. Love you lots,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cassie, I am just so overwhelmed with joy for you (and for baby B). I just rejoice with you, seeing God as a valiant father, about to hand you your baby girl.
    Love you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! I'm so happy for you, Cassie. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with me. Baby "B" is very blessed to have you as her mama.

    ReplyDelete