Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime is Flying By

Tomorrow will be the last day of summer school. It seems as if June is just flying by. I was talking with another teacher a few days ago, and she made the comment that after the 4th of July, summer is basically over for teachers because of conferences, developing next year's lesson plans, and setting up the classroom. I laughed because I have to agree. I am making some adjustments to that schedule this summer though. Instead of July conferences, I am going to be setting up the baby's room. :) That is my priority this next month.

As for the adoption, I haven't heard any news in a couple of weeks. I am #3 in line for a girl according to my yahoo group. I carry my phone with me everywhere I go just in case I get the "call". Hopefully, when I get the "call", I will have access to a computer, because my agency will send me any information they have about her and a PICTURE.

So many times, I have tried to envision what she looks like. I think most moms do that. Sometimes I see her as an infant, not even ready to sit up, yet other times, I view her as being older and walking. A few months ago, I had decided to contact my agency to change my age request from up to 24 months to much younger. I had an email ready to send, and I couldn't send it. God has brought me this far, and he knows my child as he knows me. That wasn't a change I felt I was supposed to make. I truly will be ecstatic if she is 2 months or 22 months, because she is God given.

Enjoy your summer and don't wish it away. I just read my friend's blog about living in the present and enjoying life's little everyday gifts through family and friends. Okay, so if you live in the Midwest like I do, you may want to enjoy these moments inside, in the air condition. It has been a HOT June. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cassie! I am praying for you friend. I can't wait to hear you tell me you have seen little miss Hope. If you get down to Spfd sometime in July call me and let's try to do lunch!

    ReplyDelete