Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Finally Did It!

It has only taken me two years to set up a blog, but here it is in all of its glory. I am going to attempt to wrap up the past few years in a few paragraphs. Anyone who knows me well, won't believe I could say anything in only a few paragraphs.

I have had the desire to adopt for as long as I can remember. Those feelings developed when I was in college. During my college years, I was fortunate to participate in a few misson trips in underdeveloped countries. I was overwhelmed by the living conditions, especially for the children. I believe these trips had given me the feeling of wanting to adopt internationally.

Several years had gone by, and this yearning to adopt grew tremendously. I didn't think it was possible because I was single and living on a teacher's income. About 9 years ago, I began researching options to adopt. Through the next seven years, this desire became a painful longing for something...someone who was out of reach. One day while driving, I heard the end of an advertisement for an adoption seminar at James River Assembly in Ozark, MO, on a Christian radio station. I found the information on-line and decided to register. I kept hearing that same voice I had heard for so many years telling me, "Why bother? Nothing was going to come of it."

So, the first weekend of April, 2007, I ventured to James River, which is about 60 miles away. It began to snow, and I thought a few times I should just turn around and go home (Nothing was going to come of it anyway). How my life changed that day! April 7, 2007, was the beginning of my journey to bring Baby Hope home. I felt God's presence and approval.

I can honestly say this has been a journey with joys and sorrows. If you are currently or have adopted, you would probably agree. After great turmoil and even grief, I chose to change countries last June for various reasons. Again, I felt God's presence and approval. This was his plan the entire time. I am now waiting to bring my daughter home from Ethiopia. I am currently sixth in line for a little girl, age: birth to 24 months.

Please continue to remember Baby Hope and me in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Yea Cassie!!!! So excited to keep up with your blog. I was praying for you and baby Hope tonight on my walk with the dog :) I can't wait for God to finally reveal her face to you. So glad to be walking this journey with you!!!
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it:))) Yayyyy!! You will have so much fun blogging. Its great therapy too!! You can add us if you want on your blog list. I try & blog everyday. Zoie naps... I blog:))
    We can't wait for you to get THE CALL!! Praying & hoping with you!!
    xoxox
    simplyloveproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Cassie! It is good to see your face at last. I will plan on coming to your fundraiser at Pizza Inn if there is any way possible!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete