Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just Trying to Get Organized

Now that I have a referral for my beautiful, little girl, I have a lot to do. There is a chance that my mom and I could fly out as soon as August. Yes, one month! If "B" gets a court date and passes court before the courts close (August and September), then I will be in Ethiopia in August. Otherwise, it will be October(ish).

Someone asked me today if I am panicking. There are a few issues that stand out right now that make me a little worried. I feel a sense of uneasiness when trying to find a pediatrician (I may have found one as of today), finding quality child care, and financing the last part of the adoption. It is definitely time to work on the nursery; that will require some rearranging of furniture before I ever begin setting up the bedroom. I also need to begin packing, because I already have some donated items for orphans and gifts for the workers. I will be getting an update about "B" at the end of this month. That will help know what size clothing to buy. Right now, I only have a few items for her that can be put in the suitcase (I definitely have the butt paste). :) Another minor concern is what shots to get or not to get. That is the question. I am sure I could ramble on about other worries I have, but I know that will not help me at all. So, I will end by saying that when I look at that perfectly round, little face with those chubby cheeks, I know it will be okay, and God has truly blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment