Monday, August 10, 2009

Court Date

B's court date is this Thursday, August 13. It also happens to be the first day of school. As I am introducing a new set of students to the 6th grade, I will be anxiously awaiting a call from my adoption agency letting me know whether B is officially my daughter or not. So, I am praying to hear the words, "Congratulations, B passed court!" If that isn't the case, then she probably won't get another court date until October.

Many people have asked what it means to pass or not pass court. There are many facets to the Ethiopian court system, but it basically comes down to three major parts. The Ministry of Women's and Children's Affairs (MOWA) has to have all of the proper paperwork ready to present to the judge, along with a letter of relinquishment. From my understanding, for my little one's case, a relative has to appear in front of the judge. Finally, the judge has to see fit to relinquish her into my custody. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead, so court will be in session as we are sleeping (trying to at least) in the early morning hours, beginning at midnight. Would you please join me in praying for these three aspects of this part of the journey and anything else that may hinder the day of court?

This is also a reminder that this Friday, August 14, is the LAST day to purchase tickets for the 32" flat screen television. I will be having the drawing this Saturday.

Again, I would appreciate all of the prayers possible to pray my little one home.

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying with you Cassie. And will definitely be praying on Thursday. Can't wait to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassie,

    I just ordered our tickets for the TV. I also posted on our blog and FB about it. Hopefully it brought in at least one or two people for you. But... what I really wanted you to know was that even though we are in the midst of packing and getting ready to travel I am praying hard for Baby B and you!!! Text me the info or email me or something to let me know how it goes. Remember God knows!!!!!!! You don't need to wonder or worry about how court will turn out this week. He is going before you friend.
    Love you much!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete